This infographic shows dental facts that you might not know.Expand for Text Version
10 Dental Facts That You Might Not Know
- Tooth enamel is the hardest substance in the human body. But don’t ever use your pearly whites to open bottles!
- If you do not floss, you miss cleaning 40% of your tooth surfaces. Make sure you brush and floss twice a day!
- A tooth that has been knocked out starts to die within 15 minutes, but if you put it in milk or hold it in your mouth it will survive longer.
- Dentists recommend that a toothbrush should be kept 6 ft away to avoid airborne bacteria from the toilet.
- But studies have found that your toilet is one of the cleaner parts of your house, but as your toothbrush spends a lot of time removing bacteria, it ends up coated with it.
- There are more than 300 types of bacteria that make up dental plaque.
- Say cheese! The calcium and phosphorous found in cheese is healthy for your teeth.
- Just like finger prints, tooth prints are unique to each individual.
- In Hispanic culture, it was a mouse named Perez who gets the teeth under our pillows instead of a toothfairy.
- 20% of patients wear braces between the ages of 20 and 60.